To make an inspection request, please connect with our team at 781-246-6388.
- Building Inspections: call 8 to 9 a.m. or 1 to 2 p.m. (Monday through Thursday); 8 to 9 a.m. (Friday)
- Electrical Inspections: call 8 to 9:30 a.m. or 12 to 2 p.m. (Monday through Thursday); 8 to 9:30 a.m. (Friday)
- Plumbing/Gas Inspections: call 8 to 9:30 a.m. or 12 to 2 p.m. (Monday through Thursday); 8 to 9:30 a.m. (Friday)
- Applications can be obtained here. Many of our applications are now processed online through the Viewpoint platform. Note that building permit applications are not yet online.
- Applications that are not electronic must be submitted in person to the Building Inspector Monday through Thursday, from 8 to 9:30 a.m. or 1 to 2 p.m., or Friday from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
About the Department
The Building Inspector’s office ensures that buildings are constructed safely and used properly by enforcing the provisions of the state building code, town zoning codes, and other applicable ordinances. This office issues permits to allow the construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, and demolition of buildings and structures, as well as the installation of equipment and the location, use, and occupancy of all buildings, structures, and land.