Please refer to this fee schedule to view the costs associated with permits and the periodic inspections of existing buildings.
- Doors, insulation, roofing, siding, and windows only: Application for Building Permit
- Building permits for projects other than those listed above must be submitted in person using the printed forms in the next section
- Application for electrical permit
- Application for gas fitting permit
- Application for plumbing permit
Building Applications (to be submitted in person)
Applications that are not electronic must be submitted in person to the Building Inspector Monday through Thursday, from 8 to 9:30 a.m. or 1 to 2 p.m., or Friday from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Residential Building Permit (for use by homeowner)
- Residential Building Permit (for use by contractor)
- Commercial Building Permit (must include signed by owner; contracts are not accepted in lieu of signatures)
- Application for sheet-metal permit
Contractors: Please include with your application:
- A copy of your licenses
- Worker’s Compensation Certificate
- Workers' compensation insurance affidavit
A plot plan and sketch/plan are needed for the following:
- Pool (plot plan only)
- Shed (or a picture from a brochure if you are buying it)
- Addition: if your addition has bedrooms, submit the application, plans (3 copies), ResCheck Energy Compliance Report, and plot plan to the Wakefield Fire Department first.