The Park Division is responsible for proper grounds maintenance of all Town-owned buildings, including schools, the upper and lower commons, parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, and many roadside areas, including 22 traffic islands. This division maintains over 100 acres of parks and recreational land under the Public Works jurisdiction.
This division is responsible for rubbish removal at all parks, school fields, and downtown areas. This division cleans and grooms the Town’s four synthetic athletic fields and performs setup and cleaning for major festivals that occur in the Town, including Movies by the Lake, Festival Italia, our July Fourth parade and fireworks, and athletic games at Town and school fields. During the winter, this division also takes an active role in snow removal activities and participates in sidewalk plowing events when roadways are clear.
- Colonel Connelly Park (Quannapowitt Pkwy. / Lowell St.)
- Fernald Field (DelCarmine St. / Vinton St.)
- Floral Way "Old Cemetery" (Church St.)
- Gertrude Spaulding Park (Lowell St.)
- Hall Park (North Ave., next to Vets Field)
- J.J. Round Park (Main St. / Charles St.)
- Lower Common (Church St. / Lake Ave.)
- Mapleway Playground (Maple Way, off Greenwood Ave.)
- Moutlon Field (Gould St. / Harrington Ct.)
- Nasella Field (Melvin St.)
- Spaulding Playground (Lake Ave.)
- Sullivan Park (Salem St. / Rugato Way)
- Town Forest (Acorn Ave. / St. James Ave.)
- Upper Common (Church St. / Main St. / Common St.)
- Vets Field (Church St. / North Ave.)
Wakefield's Parks Supervisor Recognized as Turf Manager of the Year
Wakefield DPW Park, Forestry, and Cemetery Supervisor Dennis Fazio was named the 2014 Sports Turf Manager of the Year by the New England Sports Turf Managers Association (NESTMA), the largest chapter in the National Sports Turf Managers Association.
|Dennis Fazio||Cemetery, Forestry, and Park Divisions Supervisor|