Frequently Asked Questions
Commission on Disability Issues
- Who can I contact to receive delivered meals or other human services for elders?
- Where can I receive help or information about Alzheimer's disease?
- Where can I get handicapped equipment?
- Who delivers groceries to residents of Wakefield?
- Who provides hearing impaired telephone service in Massachusetts?
- Who should I call if I notice an oily or dirty discharge from a storm water outfall?
- Who should I call if I see someone dumping into a catch basin?
- Does the Town pave private ways?
- Does the DPW have flood insurance maps developed for Wakefield?
- Where can I find information about street layouts, town easements, contours, and flood plains?
- I have an empty Town tree well in front of my house. Will the DPW plant a tree there?
- Tree roots are pushing up the sidewalk in front of my house. What can I do?
- I think the tree in front of my house is hazardous. Can the DPW remove it?
- Will the DPW remove a tree on my property?
- What should I do if a public shade tree falls?
Refuse, Recycling, Yard Waste
- There are tree roots in my sewer service line. What should I do?
- There is a strong sewer odor in my area. What is causing this and what should I do?
- Who should I call if I sewage is backing up into my home?
- As a homeowner, what portion of the sewer service is my responsibility?
- The sewer pipe from the street to my house needs to be repaired. Who should I contact?