Wakefield is full of vibrant development, from a focus on our downtown to new opportunities for housing. Here are just a few of the Town’s current projects:
- We enlisted Favermann Design to create branding concepts for Wakefield's outdoor kiosk and sign installments.
- In 2016, FinePoint Associates conducted a market assessment and business-district composition for downtown Wakefield.
- Envision Wakefield allows residents, merchants, and visitors to look to the future of our great community. Thus far, the Envision Wakefield Downtown Revitalization and Envision Wakefield Resilient initiatives have launched.
- A 345-kilovolt (kV) underground transmission line will connect Eversource’s Woburn Substation in Woburn and National Grid’s Wakefield Junction Substation in Wakefield.
- DB5 Development Group, LLC filed an application to construct an apartment development on property previously owned a by the United States government.