Temporary Events, Street Fairs & Festivals
If you plan to serve food or drink to the general public at an event, you are required to obtain a Temporary Food Permit from the Board of Health. There are a few simple steps & Quick Links below to help guide you through this process.
- Get Approval. To obtain a food permit you must first get approval from the event organizers. If you are the event organizer, you may need approval from the Selectman's Office.
- Apply For A Permit. Once approved by the event organizers and/or the Selectman's Office you may apply for a Temporary Food Permit by downloading the application below and submitting it to the Health Department no later than seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Answer Questions. You should expect that an inspector will call you to discuss your application and advise you on proper food handling procedures.
- Receive A Permit. Once you receive your permit you will need to have it with you at all times during food service at the event.
- Prepare For Inspection. Be prepared that an inspector may come to inspect your operation on the day of the event.
Exceptions: If you already hold a current food permit from the Wakefield Board of Health and you will be conducting business as usual at your existing establishment during a temporary event, no additional permit is necessary.
|Quick Links||Event Organizers|
|Temporary Food Permit Application||Wakefield Center Neighborhood Association|
|Are You Ready Guideline||Wakefield Events Planning Committee|
|MA Merged Food Code||Wakefield Farmer's Market|
|Food Safety at Fairs & Festivals||Wakefield Independence Day Committee|
Monday - Wednesday: 8 :00 to 3:00
Thursday: 8:00 to 7:00
Closed 2:30 to 3:30
Friday 8:00 to 12:30
- 2016 Seasonal Flu Clinics
- Be Healthy! - Mass. in Motion
- Board of Health
- Dept. of Public Health
- Did You Know...
- Emergency Preparedness
- Enterovirus D68
- Food Establishments - Resources
- Hazardous Waste Collection
- Housing & Inspections
- Local Public Health Update
- Mosquitoes & Ticks
- Online Payments
- Permit Applications
- Regulations & Fees
- Starting A Backyard Flock?
- Violence - Wakefield Alliance Against
- WAKE-UP: Substance Abuse Prevention
- Wakefield Health Department
- Winter Safety Storm Preparedness