2021: Discounted Rain Barrels Offered to Wakefield Residents
Through a partnership with The Great American Rain Barrel Co., barrels will be offered for $69. The deadline to purchase is midnight on May 6, 2021. The Great American Rain Barrel Co., a local food-importing company, has been repurposing shipping drums into rain barrels since 1988. The Great American Rain Barrel Co. has been an approved vendor by the MASSDEP since 2010.
- Purchase online by visiting the Great American Rain Barrel Co portal and selecting "Wakefield" as your community.
- Barrels can be picked up on Thursday, May 20, 2021 from 5 to 7p.m. at the Public Works Facility at 35 North Ave. in Wakefield.
Why invest in a rain barrel?
- A rain barrel can pay for itself in one season
- Rainwater has no chemicals, chlorine, or fluoride – great for your plants and lawn
- At least $200 of precious rain water splashes off a 1000 sf roof in one season
- Help stressed trees and gardens during dry spells
- In 2016, 48 percent of towns in Massachusetts had water bans
- Rain barrels help towns manage water supplies and stormwater runoff
Learn about the Great American Rain Barrel
- 100% re-purposed rain barrels produced in Massachusetts
- Most durable and reliable rain barrels on the market with a 3/16” wall thickness
- Lasts for years when properly drained and stored for winter
- A screen filter keeps mosquitoes out
- Several rain barrels can be linked together in about 5 minutes
- The barrels are available in forest green, earth brown, nantucket grey, and unpainted.