The Health Department enforces state regulations detailing the standards which must be maintained by the occupants and owners of housing. These regulations protect the health, safety and well-being of Massachusetts citizens and are found in Chapter II of the State Sanitary Code [105 CMR 410.000] entitled Minimum Standards of Fitness for Human Habitation. If you need to report a possible violation there are a few simple steps & Quick Links below to help guide you through this process.
- Report a Violation. Call the Health Department to file your complaint.
- Schedule an Inspection. Upon request, a Health Inspector will conduct a housing inspection inspection to determine if there is a violation of the State Sanitary Code.
- Findings. The Inspector will report the findings of inspections to the property owner and tenant and issue an Order to Correct any violations with a specific timeframe for each violation.
- Re-Inspection. When the time to correct is expired the inspector will conduct a re-inspection at the property and issue a compliance letter if all violations are remedied.
To schedule a housing inspection please call (781) 246-6375.
|Safe & Sanitary Housing Guide||Lead Paint Information|
|MA State Sanitary Code||Asbestos Information|
|Tenant Rights & Responsibilities||Greater Boston Legal Services|
|Landlord Rights & Responsibilities||BOH Regulations|
Monday - Wednesday: 8 :00 to 3:00
Thursday: 8:00 to 7:00
Closed 2:30 to 3:30
Friday 8:00 to 12:30
- 2016 Seasonal Flu Clinics
- Be Healthy! - Mass. in Motion
- Board of Health
- Dept. of Public Health
- Did You Know...
- Emergency Preparedness
- Enterovirus D68
- Food Establishments - Resources
- Hazardous Waste Collection
- Housing & Inspections
- Local Public Health Update
- Mosquitoes & Ticks
- Online Payments
- Permit Applications
- Regulations & Fees
- Starting A Backyard Flock?
- Violence - Wakefield Alliance Against
- WAKE-UP: Substance Abuse Prevention
- Wakefield Health Department
- Winter Safety Storm Preparedness