What is the goal of this initiative?
At Town Meeting in November 2019, residents voted to conduct a design study as part of the Town’s downtown revitalization project. The Town enlisted VHB, a civil-engineering consulting and design firm, to help conceptualize improved transportation for everyone who travels to or through Wakefield center in cars, on foot, by bus, or on bikes. Voters at the April 2019 Town Meeting approved moving into the second phase of design for this project. With resident and merchant input, these concepts will be used to create plans that can be submitted for state and federal funding.
Why is multimodal transportation so important?
What is the focus area of this project?
- Main Street, from Franklin Street to Church Street
- Albion Street, from Main street to Gould Street
- Water Street, from Main Street to Shaw’s supermarket
- Lake Avenue and Spaulding Avenue
- Common Street, from Church Street to Main Street
- North Avenue, from Main Street to Broadway
How will concepts be created?
- February 12, 2019 at 7 p.m. at the Galvin Middle School
- March 21, 2019 at 7 p.m. at the Galvin Middle School
- April 9, 2019 at 7 p.m. at the Americal Civic Center
- June 18, 2019 at 7 p.m. at the Americal Civic Center